Saturday, May 25, 2013

The racket is unbelievable.....

It's almost 5 o'clock. Still dark out and raining. Hard. Put on my boots and rain slicker and go out to the battlefield. I unlock the coop door and Oscar and Nina try to get out. I grab Nina, shut the door, open the pen and put her in the chick hutch. Go back and try to get Oscar who is now hiding in one of the nest boxes. I can't reach him so I open the lid on the boxes, grab him, and of course he bites me.
In he goes with Nina.  Evil One and Lucy finally calm down. There are feathers  all over the coop. It mush have been one hell of a battle. Since everyone is awake, I slosh back to the house to get their feed. When I return I feed the little ones first and make sure they aren't hurt. Ethel and Lucy come out to eat.  I pick them up and check them too. No blood. The book ideas don't work at all. I am determined to find a solution on my own.....

                                                

No comments :

Post a Comment