Sunday, May 19, 2013

Being so thrilled with my new little bundles (and so, so stupid thinking they would all get along), I introduce little Oscar and little Nina to Lucy and the Evil One. They should be happy - right? New friends to play with and a handsome little rooter for some lovin'.  WRONG! Evil One went right after the rooster and Lucy charged  poor little Nina. Feathers and blood all  over the place!  I grab Ethel and Lucy, lock them in the coop and try to catch the new ones. My good neighbors give me a big butterfly net to catch them before they take off for the woods. Now just try to picture an old lady in work boots running after two tiny chickens with a net.  The neighbors are doubled over laughing and Hubby is yelling "I told you so!  I told you so! You never listen"! (I never do).
Finally catch them and put them back in the box. They just have to get along somehow. Poor Oscar and Nina. At least they are safe for the moment.....

                                                                 
                                           

4 comments :

  1. Slow, slow introductions. Keep them in a cage each next to the other...they'll work it out in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you are so right Stephen - but silly me had to learn that lesson the hard way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell your husband he needs to keep his camera handy to get those precious shots of you darting around with the net and workboots for posting on your new blog.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trust me, J3 - it was NOT a pretty sight.... :0)

    ReplyDelete