Wednesday, May 15, 2013



.... The story continues:

So now there are only two left of the original six. Coop life is very, very quiet. No rooster calls at 3 in the morning, no fights, no bloody feathers. Nothing. Nil. Zip. Just two eggs every morning. They are very easy to tell apart. Lucy lays perfect brown eggs. The Evil One lays brown speckled bowling balls. Both are Rhode Island Reds. Same age. Same size.  There are five nesting boxes in the coop, but they use the same one at the same time. Always. They have a very good life - their pen is cleaned every day, plenty of food and fresh water. And raisin treats before bedtime. Hubby is so happy he doesn't have to hook  the tractor to the pooper wagon so often now. (Did I mention that chickens spend ninety percent of their day pooping)? Yup. You can always tell when they are gonna do it. The tail goes up and the butt feathers part and wallah! A poop! Lucy's are perfect. You would swear Evil One is part horse. Well, like I mentioned, life is very, very quiet. I can't stand it.  The girls are not getting enough exercise. They need to build up their leg muscles by running around, avoiding a rooster. I tell Hubby I need more chickens. He says: "NO MORE ROOSTERS"! I just smile and write down on the caleander when the next poultry show is scheduled at the County Fairgrounds ........ 


Today's funny :0) 




 

6 comments :

  1. Hi Chicken Mom! Nice to see you up and at 'em on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and welcome, cw! Decided to give it a try and see what happens. Irish has been a big help getting me started. Still have a lot to learn. 'Hope I can at least start everyone's day with a good chuckle!

      Delete
    2. Irish is the best. I'll definitely be visiting here, since I got me some chickens as well. Have fun!

      Delete
    3. He sure is! Please visit often and feel free to point out any mistakes - that's how I'll learn!

      Delete
  2. Glad you liked it, Mr. Townsend! It's a lot of fun, but I have a loong way to go. Still trying to figure out how to get my pics and video on here. Our local library doesn't have much info on setting up a blog, but I'll get it done by trial and error. Please visit often - so pleased that you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete