Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Woke up.....

        ..... a wee bit crooked - must have done something to my back when we were unloading the wood at younger son's place on Monday. Getting too old for that kind of work - plus I had spent a couple of hours cleaning up and around the coop!

So...I didn't do much outside yesterday - just let them run around for an hour. Was too cold out anyway. We turned the light on in the coop for the gang as the water in there was starting to freeze.



 I did get two eggs, though! Shirley's egg on the left and Laverne's on the right!




Later on we'll go in to town and get the fixings for the lasagna. It will just be the two of us for dinner this time. No house full of people and no big mess of dishes to clean up. Yippie!


10 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Gorges- it will be OK in a day or two if I don't lift anything heavy.

      Delete
  2. No big fuss here either...hopefully just a peaceful New Years Eve....prayers for speedy healing of the back strain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be nice to have a quiet holiday for a change. Thanks for the prayers!

      Delete
  3. It seems to be a daily challenge to just make sure all the parts of me can still operate. :-O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think I'll sleep in tomorrow....then crack a couple of eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad you don't live closer, Stephen ... my girls give the most delicious eggs you have ever tasted!
      I'll even make 'ya bacon..... :o)

      Delete
  5. There's something about going to the coop and finding an egg or two. It's like treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And even after years of having chickens, I still marvel at the wonder of it all!

      Delete