Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Still so cold....

This winter has been really hard on Ethel. For a few days she has not been her mean, nasty self.


 She has been laying eggs, so I know her plumbing is working, but she is just listless. I held her for about half an hour and she just snuggled down in my arms. Charlie kept annoying me - he doesn't like it when I pick his girls up, so I put her down and wrapped her in a towel. She took a good nap yesterday. Lucy always stays close by her.



I wish the temps would warm up -  it's so cold here......

2 comments :

  1. I hope Ethel is ok....I know what you mean about temps... 4° here right now :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mamahen, but I don't think she'll survive this freezing weather - it minus 4 here and more snow is on the way. She is really weak and sleeps in the nest box - can't even hop up on the roosting bar anymore.

      Delete