Friday, November 25, 2016

I was lucky...

...... a few days ago! The vultures came back to roost in our trees!

 

 They didn't even fly away when I ran back to the house to get my camera:



 They usually roost in the trees in back of the stone wall.



 I'm glad they moved closer to the house this time!



 I've never heard them vocalize, but they can make grunting sounds.



 Just love it when they perch and spread their wings to catch the warmth of the sun!



 They turn around and get front and back warm!
 


And then - off they go!



That just made my morning!

:o)

9 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. We have a lot of flat possums here, Gorges! LOL

      Delete
  2. Almost as good as seeing eagles!
    ...well, almost.
    We sometimes see Bald Eagles flying along the stretch of the Columbia River on our trips to the city. Big wing span, those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a thrill to see the eagles soar above Coopville - they nest in Sunrise Mt. and the Delaware Water Gap.

      Delete
  3. I have never seen a vulture before, so I looked it up and we do have a small population here of turkey vultures. Interesting looking creatures for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not beautiful like eagles, but fascinating to watch!

      Delete
  4. I always think of buzzards around here as the clean up crew. They are interesting birds, and have their place in the scheme of things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to watch them circle any road kill - there is always plenty for them to eat around here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've had a nesting couple in the barn for the last 3 years. We have to keep moving when we're outside.

    ReplyDelete