Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Stump removal

There was a big old tree stump by the side door of the coop. I kept tripping on it, so hubby decided to dig it out on Sunday. I usually just put a pot of flowers on it to remind myself that it's there.


 First he dug around it with the backhoe. Then he chopped most of the roots away:


 It took most of the afternoon to get that out of the ground!


 It was loaded with bugs.


 Charlie and Shirley looking for worms - they found a few, too!

 

 Now we just have to add some grass seed and maybe make a slate or stone path.
 

I'm glad it's out of there - can't tell you how many time I DID trip over it!



6 comments :

  1. A good guy to have around!
    I once watched a D-9 break up a three foot cedar stump out in the forest. It had a giant wedge on it's tail, and it backed into the stump with it. Roots bigger than your leg suddenly leaped out of the ground six or ten feet away. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby would love to have that Cat for a week! - so many stumps still to be taken out. We should call our place "Stumpy Acres"!

      Delete
    2. Stumpy Acres would be a much better choice than Chicken Ranch.

      Delete
    3. I call our place "Coopville" sometimes. Would never call it "Chicken Ranch" ... people might get the wrong idea. LOL :o) !!

      Delete
  2. This strikes me as bit of a stump speech.

    Okay, I need help. I have too much of a weakness for puns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Just like: Chicken-related humor is at a crossroad..... Bwahahaha!

      Delete