Saturday, April 4, 2015

Saturday NIght Doo-Wop

Stay Just a Little Bit Longer! ..





By Maurice Williams
 
Stay, ahhh just a little bit longer,
Please, please, please, please, please,
Tell me that you're going to,
Now your daddy don't mind,
And your Mommy don't mind,
If we have another dance, ya,
Just one more time.
Oh won't you stay, just a little bit longer,
Please let me hear you say that you will.
Won't you place your sweet lips to mine,
Won't you say you love me all the time,
Oh ya, just a little bit longer,
Please, please, please, please, please,
Tell me your going to.
Come on, come on, come on, stay,
Come on, come on, come on, stay, oh la de da,
Come on, come on, come on, stay, my, my, my, my,
Come on, come on, come on , stay.



4 comments :

  1. Great song. I had forgotten it until it started playing.
    For the Texas Swing version with Bob Wills (is still the king) see
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM50ZQpSSTY
    Terry
    Fla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if anyone was wondering about the "is still the king" above, see:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxHu_71sU1E
    Turn this into Saturday night Texas swing honky tonking. Now I want a longneck.
    I know, start my own blog.
    Terry
    Fla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the first vid - had never heard it before! The second one I knew the words!
      So you are REALLY gonna start your own blog? :o)

      Delete
  3. One of my favorites - was good to dance to!

    ReplyDelete