Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Busy

Was too cold & cloudy yesterday to let the gang out in the yard. It didn't go above 22. They didn't want to leave the pen anyway. So I did some cleaning. (blah) I'm short, so it took many runs up and down the step ladder to do all this.

First the chandelier in the dining room:





Then the ceiling fan in the kitchen. Amazing how dust finds it way up there!

 

Then ALL the slats in the louver doors on the narrow shelf pantry. The shelves are only 5-1/2 inches wide. It hides the chimney that takes up the entire wall. It gets warm in there in the winter so it can't be used to store food - wasted space, really.


 That's my Grandmother's egg timer hanging on the wall. I still use it!


If Hubby and I were younger, we would tear down the walls in that yucky kitchen and have one huge open space of the living room, dining room and a NEW kitchen. And a 6 burner gas stove!

Ahhh - I can dream, can't I???  :o)

2 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. I'd really settle for a gas stove, Rev. Paul. That electric one is going on 35 years old and it's been there since the house was built. Maybe some day...... :o)

      Delete