Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Let's go for a ride!


Getting mighty low on hay, so we headed out to pick up a bale or two.


An old farm truck:


 I like this old tree:


 Traffic was horrible:



 Through town:


A big, big pond:

 There was no hay to be bought. The farmer was too busy showing off his new tractor to find time to fill up the hay barn.


 Oh well,  we'll check back later in the week.


 Lots of  empty spaces around here:







Sunlight filtering through the trees:


 Getting ready to plant corn:


This was the only cloud in the sky!


 The family that lives here sells eggs for $3.00 a dozen. That rooster is taller than I am!


Not very exciting, but at least we got away for an hour!

:o)




12 comments :

  1. And now you've got an excuse to do it all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love going for a ride. Reminds me of Sunday afternoon rides with Dad when I was a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember the picnic baskets and the old wooden roadside tables? :o)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Glad you like them - will have to get to all the back roads this summer!

      Delete
  4. ...I feel like I was along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find that you are quite like me in your little journies....you notice the things that others may take for granted...the everyday beauty that is often just passed on by. I so enjoy your drives...thanks for taking me along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drive Hubby nuts - always saying - Stop! Stop! There's a cow! or a tree, or.... :o)

      Delete
  6. I do exactly the same...just last night....more barns....in the rain....he told me I promise Lisa, I will bring you back so you can walk the street...LOL He IS learning...
    : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet Ken enjoys the rides, too!! It's fun to explore and find interesting buildings and sights. ALWAYS bring your camera!

      Delete