Saturday, May 7, 2016

At the Hop!

Chuck Berry!



Chuck Berry

Guitarist
Charles Edward Anderson "Chuck" Berry is an American guitarist, singer and songwriter, and one of the pioneers of rock and roll music. With songs such as "Maybellene", "Roll Over Beethoven", "Rock and Roll Music" and "Johnny B. Goode", Berry refined and developed rhythm and blues into the major elements that made rock and roll distinctive, with lyrics focusing on teen life and consumerism and utilizing guitar solos and showmanship that would be a major influence on subsequent rock music.




4 comments :

  1. Wow, my favorite Chuck Berry song. As I was watching and singing (?) along these lyrics jumped out at me.
    "Go sit beneath the tree by the railroad track
    Oh, the engineers would see him sitting in the shade
    Strumming with the rhythm that the drivers made"
    As many times as I have listened and sang along, only today did it dawn on me that the drivers were the driving wheels on the steam locomotive.
    At least that is my theory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. greetings! I am commenting so you know I came by! I am a big fan of Chuck Berry. A blast from the past for sure.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't he great? Drove my parents crazy listening to him! :o) Glad you like him, too!

      Delete