Tuesday, February 9, 2016

No snow


We did not get one flake of snow from the storm that sped up the east coast yesterday.
but it was cold, cloudy and damp. We might get some today or tomorrow though!

 

Hubby;s stack of logs waiting to be split:


 Even the gang wasn't too crazy about being out of the pen for long. They just walked around for about half an hour and high-tailed right back to the coop.
(I think they saw me put some treats in there!)


The crows were chasing those two hawks again. Gotta keep my eyes on that pair -
Charlie is no match for them!



4 comments :

  1. Lucky you! It's still coming down here. Now that I'm older, it doesn't take much to make us housebound. The five inches we have should do it for a couple days and it's still falling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had some snow overnight, Gorges - about an inch. Just enough for me to go slipping 'n sliding when I went out to feed the gang this morning! :o)

      Delete
  2. What kind of wood is that, CM?

    When I was a kid I almost got killed on the wrong end of an axe! I was merrily splitting poplar, birch and spruce like a lean, mean steam-powered machine - until I hit an elm log. I wound up and hit that sumbi*ch with everything I had - and the axe bounce off like it was iron! I couldn't hold the axe for a half hour after that...and I'm still vibrating from the hit 20 years later! True story!

    I hope you have a splitter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot of oak mixed in there along with maple and some kind of nut tree. I get really nervous when Hubby takes them down - he' going to be 75 this year. You were lucky you didn't get hurt badly! Even experienced people can and do get injured chopping the hardwoods. Be careful!

      Delete