Saturday, October 5, 2013

Uh-Oh.....


Not too much fighting in the coop this morning. Maybe everything has calmed down from the other day. Ethel and Lucy were cackling earlier, so I know I have two eggs. That is always good!

 When I let them out, they all go to to their feeding spots.  I leave them and start to go back to the house to finish my coffee when I hear Ethel squawking. Goldie is trying to get on Ethel - she bites him. It must have been really hard because he screamed.
This scared Amos and Andy so much they ran from the run all the way into the coop.

 Goldie is on a rampage - he bites Charlie and goes into the coop to get A & A. They come running out the door, feathers flying and head back to the run.




I grab Goldie, get A & A  out of the run, and put Goldie in there and lock the gate. Now I have to  check to see if A & A are ok. They are just missing a few feathers - no blood. Charlie, Lucy and Ethel go back to eating. Surprisingly, they let Amos and Andy share.  I'm going to be very busy keeping a watch on them. If Goldie misbehaves, he'll go back in the run by himself. I don't care how much noise he makes.

Is it really too early for a glass of wine? It's gotta be the afternoon someplace in the world........



4 comments :

  1. I didn't know it was EVER too early for a glass of wine. Of course, it's EASILY too early for the SECOND one!

    ReplyDelete