Tuesday, May 28, 2013

This goes on for several more weeks.....

They still fight when together, but if I put more feed in the chick hutch later in the day, Lucy and Ethel are distracted. They hop in, scratch all the hay out and eat. Thus, Nina and Oscar get some peace and quiet. Lucy and Ethel are getting fat and take afternoon naps now. More food means more poop.  And there is more poop to clean.

                                           poop cart.jpg

These are the tools I use every day: a plastic snow shovel, rake, wheel barrow and the poop cart. After trial and error, I found out that the snow shovel works best. That pile of do-do is one entire coop cleaning and three days of the pen and chick hutch. Do not, I repeat, do not get chickens if you can't stand poop. There is a lot of it. Trust me.                           

No comments :

Post a Comment