Thursday, May 16, 2013

Poultry show!!

 Neighbor and I jump in my Jeepster and headed out to the fairgrounds. Hubby didn't want to go as he was playing with his brand new backhoe.

The day was sunny and bright - just perfect for chicken browsing. The place was packed. Who knew there  were so many chicken lovers out there? Rows and rows of cages filled with chickens of all sizes, breeds and colors! I am in heaven! Up and down the aisles we go. Now of course you know that I am just looking.  I am NOT going to bring anything home. When we are about ready to leave, there, right there in the last aisle.... Love at first sight! Two Wyandotte bantam boids. A hen and a rooster. For sale. With my name written all over them. Three minutes and twenty bucks later, they were mine; all mine. Found a cardboard box and drove them home to meet Evil Ethel and Lucy.
WW III begins.....

                                      
                                      

No comments :

Post a Comment