Friday, February 21, 2020

Friday Night Steam


A big H/T to Pastor Bob Homer for sending!!!


Now what is better than a Big Boy steam engine and Johnny Cash????




Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison



I hear the train a comin'
It's rollin' 'round the bend
And I ain't seen the sunshine
Since, I don't know when

I'm stuck in Folsom Prison
And time keeps draggin' on
But that train keeps a-rollin'
On down to San Antone

When I was just a baby
My Mama told me, "Son
Always be a good boy
Don't ever play with guns"

But I shot a man in Reno
Just to watch him die
When I hear that whistle blowin'
I hang my head and cry

I bet there's rich folks eatin'
From a fancy dining car
They're probably drinkin' coffee
And smokin' big cigars

Well, I know I had it comin'
I know I can't be free
But those people keep a-movin'
And that's what tortures me

Well, if they freed me from this prison
If that railroad train was mine
I bet I'd move it a little
Farther down the line

Far from Folsom Prison
That's where I want to stay
And I'd let that lonesome whistle
Blow my blues away

:o)

2 comments :