Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Honk! Honk!



Three of the new girls have upper respiratory distress. It showed up the morning after they came to Coopville. They also had worms. They are being treated with natural remedies and no chemical antibiotics. Two of them aren't wheezing as much , but one is taking longer to get better. She eats, drinks and lays eggs every day but sounds like a goose!






Benji is still afraid of Wilma and Louise (maybe because they chase and peck at him?)

(The two trouble makers)



Every day I let the two old girls out in the yard and let Benji hang out in the pen and run. He is wary of the others, but they really don't bother him too much. I want him to get some exercise and flap his wings. He is still making peeping noises. Can't wait for a real Cock-a-doodle-do!

Sometimes I put a few of the new ones in the portable hen cage. It gives Benji (and me) a much needed break!

 
 
It's been a LOT of work taking care of them........... 
Three feeders and three waterers!
I sure do hope everything settles down before Winter!


Still harvesting cucumbers!


I've had several that have weighed almost 2 pounds each!


A little grasshopper:



Weird cloud - almost looks like a rocket was launched!



Oh, almost forgot: lots of tomatoes, too!




:o)


4 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Me too, Gorges - they sure are a lot of work, but I just want them to get better!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have your hands full with your newbies:((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought that they would be so much work - but I do get lots and lots of eggs! :o)

      Delete