Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Mushrooms and other stuff.....




So many new ones sprouting all over Coopville! It sure has been a rainy Summer!


Pretty soon the whole tree stump will be covered with 'em!



This one had a little bowl on top of it:


All this one needs is a toad!



This one is pretty:



Lettuce growing on the front steps:


Cukes!


Betty is molting, too:


A leaf with a spooky 'face':



AND......


My new stove was delivered yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!


The one I am using is from 1979 and is the original one that came with the house.
The oven and broiler NEVER worked right .- Grrrr!
 It's hard wired, so the electrician is coming today to put in a new plug.



It was hard to find an electric stove with the dials in the front. Most have them on the back. Cannot tell you how many times I've burned my arm reaching over the stove top to turn the burners off with that old, junky stove! 
Can hardly wait to try out that oven!!!

:o)

8 comments :

  1. Those mushroom photos are ...... magical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found one that was shooting out spores! (But the pics came out blurry. It was amazing to watch - never saw that before)!

      Delete
  2. What you have to watch with front dials is that you don't bump them as you work or walk around the stove. House fires have been started that way. Guess yer derned if ya do and derned if ya don't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We keep a fire extinguisher in the kitchen, Gorges - just for emergencies! :o)

      Delete
  3. Dials on the top of the stove are a pain. Either they take up valuable real estate or you burn yourself reaching for them. When you only have a 30" space to put a stove, you don't want 6" taken up by dials.
    I'm glad to see you got the standard burners. The smooth top stoves look like hell after a year. Is that a self cleaning oven? What brand is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was hard to find and electric within my budget with the dials on the front! It's a GE 4 burner and not self-cleaning. I can do that by myself! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Your joy must be boundless. I bought one of those gas one burner camp stoves and use that on top of my useless electric stove/oven/broiler combo. It works a treat and if I need to bake anything I fire up my baby Q outside. I can't replace it as I rent, actually I could but my landlord makes Scrooge McDuck look like a saint. It isn't worth the hassle when I am doing fine with my handy little set up. Let us know what you cook up on your new beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oven works like a dream, Granny! No more lopsided cakes and half cooked meat! I've used a propane amp stove many a time when the electric has gone out from storms! (Kinda fun, really)! I should have take pics - next time I will!

      Delete