Saturday, March 29, 2014

Good Morning!

Have a hectic weekend planned! Will be back on Monday, but in the meantime, I hope this morning's post brings back some good memories!

As kids, my brother and I waited patiently on the front stoop for our Dad to bring home the Sunday newspaper. And if we were very, very lucky - an almond coffee ring.

Brendamessick.jpg





File:Littleiodine6770.jpg


File:Terry and the Pirates (comic strip).jpg

File:Ferd'nand 5 March 2000.PNG

Al Capp's Li'l Abner (October 12, 1947)

File:"Nancy", by Ernie Bushmiller (June 5, 1960).jpg

File:LittleKing1.jpg




File:Henry44.jpg



File:Dondihasen41562.jpg
Gasolinealley31233.jpg


http://photos1.blogger.com/img/149/1105/1024/ww490129.jpg

And my favorite:




6 comments :

  1. Looks like the Sunday "funnies" enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gettin' old Mamahen - I can't keep up with a 12 year old..... sigh

      Delete
  2. Wow! Been a while since I've seen THOSE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always liked those dashes that came out of Nancy's eyes so we'd know what she was looking at. When I was a kid I wished that would happen in real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Used to get those "eye dash"' stares from my parent's when I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing! LOL

      Delete