Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Charlie

Charlie is still a little timid about being the only rooster. Ethel continues to rule the roost.

It won't last long though, so she better enjoy it while she can. Lucy spends a lot of time with Charlie and right now, she is his favorite.

Both girls have been giving eggs every day now that Goldie has been gone.

 

Charlie still likes to be picked up and petted. He follows me around waiting for his treat of Cheerios, but he won't eat them if I put them on the ground. He takes them one at a time out my hand. Lucy and Ethel don't care if they are thrown at them as long as they get 'em!



Cheerios are a good treat to have around for them. They also like plain, cooked spaghetti. I guess they think it's worms!

2 comments :

  1. I would never have thought of spaghetti!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take care of my neighbor's chickens when she goes away. They don't like it. Mine also love pork chops!

      Delete