Monday, March 18, 2019

Is Spring just around the corner?

For the past few days the geese have been returning North:



(They fly so high - you can just barely see them at the bottom of the pick  in the middle)


It is always a welcoming sign of the changing seasons!


Coopville still has some snow left, though:



Betty is still alive,eating and drinking, but weak:


Charlie hasn't been his old self either....


.... so I made him his special treat - chicken, tomatoes and grapes:


He didn't eat any of it.  :o(



He's going to be eight in may - I guess that's pretty old for a cranky rooster!

:o)




6 comments :

  1. The honkers have been flying around here for a while now. I think these are locals though.
    Hated it when I had to find another home for old Maude. She was old when I got her, but turned into my best layer. When I rehomed her I was sure she would be long for this world. Heard from her new owners that she was well and still a good layer. Yay Maude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The local ones don't fly soooo high! Sometimes I can hear the geese returning North but they fly so high they are like dots in the sky! My Maude is going to be 5 this year. She doesn't lay anymore, though. Glad your old buddy is doing well! :o)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They sure are, Gorges! But I love them anyway. I'm heartbroken when I loose one of them - each one is special!

      Delete
  3. Sorry you're babies aren't doing well:((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. s Mamahen - they ARE getting quite old. Louise is the youngest. Went at Tractor Supply today and saw all the new chicks - was soooo tempted to bring a bunch home!

      Delete