Wednesday, June 27, 2018

A bird in the hand......

Saw this when I came out of the pen after giving the gang their afternoon treats:



They were so tiny!


The babies could only hop and flap their little wings:










The wren parents were flying around us when we picked up the babies.





We put them in a deli container....


.... and Hubby placed it in a nearby bush:


The day before I saw Charlie eating what I thought was a mole or a mouse.


I think it was another little bird that fell from this nest:





The nest was made inside the pen under the rolled up roof tarp!

The next day we didn't see a sign of the plastic container, the parents or the babies. 

I hope they found a safe place !

:o)



6 comments :

  1. Container and all being gone makes you wonder what might ha e happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the container was gone, I'd suspect a predator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably right, Gorges. Looked all over for the container and couldn't find it. It's a shame, they were adorable.

      Delete