Thursday, April 7, 2016

Another new neighbor!

She's a beauty, too! When I walk over to the corral, the little grey mare always runs over to get her treat of a handful of Cheerios. (I always have a bag of them in my jeans!) The new horse came by to see what was going on. She didn't get any this time because I didn't know if she bites or not.


She doesn't - she let me touch her muzzle and stroke her head. When I go over next time, I will give her a handful too.

So, so soft:


I have no idea what the gang is eating so quickly. Maybe ants.


My poor little daffodil didn't make it through all the freezing rain.


(Sniff, sniff)  :o(





8 comments :

  1. I think I would rather have your four-legged neighbors than most of the two-legged variety. I have never been much of a horse person, but have always thought there was nothing quite so soft and velvety as a horses' muzzle. Sorry about the daffodil. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neighbor has three horses now - the other one she keeps in a pen. I love watching them, especially when they gallop around. Maybe the little daffy will have better luck next year! :o)

      Delete
  2. Didn't get any treats? No wonder the long face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'll have a treat next time - Horse bites hurt!

      Delete
  3. We had 3 horses across from us when we first came here 13 years ago, but not anymore. Give 'em a pet for me next time you go. - Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure will! I like the little grey mare the best. She just loves to have her withers scratched!

      Delete
  4. Ah, I miss horses so much... People that haven't spent much time around them think of them as 'horses'. They are individuals as much as any other animal. I KNOW you know your chickens are 'individuals'.

    When I was a kid, I spent every spare minute I had riding, mucking or just plain being around horses.

    One of my favorite movies is Murphy's Romance (Sally Field and the incredible James Garner). She said, at one point "I didn't know what hair rollers WERE until I was 16 years old". That would be me. Boys? Not very likely, they would interfere with my real love...

    But I came around!! Enjoy all your four and two leggeds!

    Fair Winds,

    Cap'n Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have always loved horses, but was never lucky enough to be owned by one. (Read my 'profile' on favorite movies - LOL)! I enjoy all the animals around here except the damn deer.... fawns are OK for about a year, though. :o)

      Delete