Wednesday, October 15, 2014

For us old ladies...

Neighbor called and asked if I wore aprons. I said "Yes, especially around the holidays as I can get quite messy while cooking."  Well, she had a bunch of old aprons and asked it I wanted them, otherwise she was going to throw them out. I told her I would gladly take them.

She said they were quite old and they needed to be washed.No problem! Soaked and then scrubbed them by hand and hung all out on the line to dry:




 There was a bib apron, a dish towel and a  reversible half apron with two pockets - ALL hand embroidered!

 After they dried, I starched and ironed them:

The bib apron




The dish towel



The reversible two pocket half apron



 A little bit of work and look at what I have now -  you just don't see items like this anymore.

Yesterday was a very good day!


 

4 comments :

  1. I love them...the bib one reminds me of my Grandmother ...she nearly always had one on :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great, Mamahen? Now when the family comes over for the holidays, there is no excuse for them not to pitch in and help - they won't get their clothes messy!

      Delete
  2. Definitely love the bib apron. How nice of her to give them to you. If she finds more remind her I am here...in AZ. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, JMD - you get first dibs on any future offerings! The owner of that bib apron must have been a pretty tall gal - the bottom of it touch the top of my boots!

      Delete