Thursday, October 9, 2014

Beat 'ya to it, Charlie!

I woke up at 4 yesterday morning to watch the eclipse. It had rained pretty hard during the night so I wasn't sure if it would be clear enough to see anything. Bundled up -grabbed a mug of hot coffee and went outside. It was cold, windy and the deck was wet with puddles. Charlie heard me, crowed a few time and then went back to sleep! (Why doesn't he do that all the time?)

The night sky was amazing - no clouds and the moon was bright and crystal clear! Usually only on Winter nights does it look that way. If only ALL the leaves were off , I could have taken better pictures. These are three of the nicer ones taken right before the moon disappeared behind the trees.





Would be silly to go back to bed, so I waited for the sun to come up and it was worth the wait:













And yes, the gang got an early breakfast!




2 comments :

  1. You should have worked harder at keeping Charlie up (to show him how it feels). Nice pictures I tried but we were clouded over. This morning the sky was totally clear and the full moon was beautiful at 6AM. Not yesterday!
    D
    Fla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie got even with me this morning! :o( Sorry you missed it . It would have been wonderful to watch where there is just open sky and no trees (and warm).

      Delete