Monday, July 20, 2020

Today's funny :o)




Today's word is   APHORISM
Aphorism   is a statement of truth or opinion expressed in a concise and witty manner.  
 
 
♦   I read that 4,153,237 people were married last year. Not to cause any trouble.... but shouldn’t that be an even number?  
 
♦   I find it ironic that the colors red, white and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.  
 
♦   When wearing a bikini, women reveal 90% of their bodies. Men are so polite they only look at the covered parts.  
 
♦   Relationships   are like algebra. Have you ever looked at your X and wondered Y?  
 
♦   You know that tingly little feeling you get when you love someone? That's common sense leaving your body   .  
 
♦   My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We'll see about that!  
 
♦   I think my neighbor is stalking me as she's been Googling my name on her computer. I saw it through my telescope last night.  
 
♦   Money talks ... but all mine ever says is good-bye.  
 
♦   You're not fat, you're just easier to see.  
 
♦   If you think nobody cares whether you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.  
 
♦   I always wondered what the job application is like at Hooters. Do they just give you a bra and say, "Here, fill this out?"  
 
♦   I can’t understand why women are OK that JC Penney has an older women’s clothing line named, "Sag Harbor"  
 
♦   The location of your mailbox shows you how far away from your house you can go in a robe before you start looking like a mental patient.  
 
♦   Money can’t buy happiness, but it keeps the kids in touch, OR it can buy a nice little yacht you can park right next to happiness.
 
♦   The reason Mayberry was so peaceful and quiet was because nobody was married.  Andy, Aunt Bea, Barney, Floyd, Howard, Goober, Gomer, Sam, Ernest T Bass, Helen, Thelma Lou, Clara and, of course, Opie were all single. The only married person was Otis, & he was a drunk.  
 
 
Does all this make you feel better about aphorisms?
 
Diapers and politicians should be changed often…and for the same reason.
 
~ Mark Twain



:o)


6 comments :