Friday, July 29, 2016

This 'N that


Not much going on in Coopville - it's just been so hot. Even Charlie has been quiet.


Today's temp:



A couple of cherry tomatoes from the garden. It's a disaster this year. Hubby and I decided to do container gardening on the deck for next year, but will still use the cinder blocks for the potatoes.


 Mole tunnels - they are all over the front and side yards:


 This was growing out of an old tree stump - it really was pretty interesting:



 Charlie checking out his love shack to see if Maude was there. She wasn't!


 Just a big moth:


I hope August will bring more comfortable weather. I'm almost looking forward to snow...

:o)



9 comments :

  1. Three Moles were burrowing through a lawn, the firs Mole said "I smell carrots." the second Mole said "I smell potatoes." The third Mole said "I smell molasses."
    Just couldn't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three Moles were burrowing through a lawn, the firs Mole said "I smell carrots." the second Mole said "I smell potatoes." The third Mole said "I smell molasses."
    Just couldn't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A backhoe will take care of those moles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every once in a while, the gang will find one - there is just so many of 'em this year!

      Delete
  4. Snow, like "heat," is a four letter word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... I'll probably complain about that too! :o)

      Delete
  5. Be patient with the tomatoes and peppers. The heat will not let the fruit set or as my parents use to say it blasts the blooms. When it cools off a little, the plants will set more fruit than you will be able to can or eat before first frost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I hope so! The cabbage went to seed already. The peppers are so tiny you need a magnifying glass to see them!

      Delete