Sunday, July 24, 2016

Easy Listening for a Sunday Afternoon

Jo Stafford







I want a Sunday kind of love
A love to last past Saturday night
  I'd like to know it's more than love at first sight
  I want a Sunday kind of love
I want a a love that's on the square
Can't seem to find somebody
  to care
  I'm on a lonely road that leads to no where
I want a Sunday kind of love
I do my Sunday dreaming, And all my Sunday scheming
Every minute, every hour, every day
 I'm hoping to discover
A certain kind of lover
Who will show me the way
 my arms need someone
Someone to enfold
To keep me warm when Mondays are cold

Love for all my life to have and to hold
  I want a Sunday kind of love

A Sunday kind of love



2 comments :

  1. ...more background music of my early childhood.
    Makes me "see" - feel a corner of a room, a scene in a kitchen, a toy...
    Too young to be real memories, just visual feelings of memories.
    All good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, too! The radio was ALWAYS on. Mom sang and Dad whistled....

      Delete