Friday, January 10, 2020

Poor Sweet-pea!

Sweet-pea is in a horrible molt - the other hens just keep pecking and pecking at her. They wouldn't her up on the roosting bar at night and when she comes out of the coop, they chase her into a nest box!


I'm holding her so the other ones can't attack her:





It got so bad that I had to bring her into the house:




Couldn't keep her in the house all the time, so I bought this little dog carrier for her.

I keep it in the pen and it is filled with food and water :




At night, Sweet-pea had to sleep in one of the nest boxes. Last night they finally let her up 
on the roost bar. Hopefully they will stop picking on her soon!

:o)




6 comments :

  1. Don't you hate it when animals act like people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's just 'chicken nature' to pick on the weakest, Gorges. At least big Benji doesn't go after her - only the girls.

      Delete
  2. There are times when the pecking order gets out of wack...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so sorry for her - she just flies into my arms when I open the coop door. Wilma and Louise are the worse offenders.

      Delete
  3. Aw, Phyl...you're such a good Chicken Mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try, Cuz- Hubby thinks I'm nuts making such a fuss, but I don't want her to be pecked on so hard. If the dang sun ever comes out, I will let her out in the yard to get some exercise.

      Delete