Monday, September 9, 2019

Poor Benji!

Wilma and Louise are still trying to peck him to death! In the morning he goes out in the pen with the others but he goes in his own cage.


In the afternoon I shoo ALL the girls into the run and let Benji have the pen to himself for a few hours. He is sooo  nervous all the time- just peeps and peeps!


He is getting bigger but not growing fast enough to fight off the old girls.
When I can catch him, he settles down in my arms and falls asleep. So sweet!

Still have some sunflowers blooming:





This the second bloom this year for this one!


My shamrocks are still going strong too and they are from St. Patrick's day!


The dogwood is turning brown - Fall is here!


It was 46 degrees the other morning - brrrr!


:o)




9 comments :

  1. Poor Benji.The flowers are nice. What is the blue one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called 'Clematis', Mamahen - they come in different colors too . We are trying to make it climb over the shed!

      Delete
    2. Try to find one at a garden center - you'll love all the flowers it produces! It has to be supported, though.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if he'll ever develop the personality to stand up to the girls, regardless of his eventual size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno Gorges - he's like no other rooter I've ever had. I just hope he grows up fast and puts Wilma and Louise in their places!

      Delete
  3. Judging by his comb he's still a baby. He's just going to need a couple months to grow up probably...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supposedly he was hatched on June 2nd. I think that this breed is a slow grower... He doesn't weigh much - just has lots and lots of feathers!

      Delete
  4. I hope he comes into his own soon. Hens can be brutal.
    Love the color of your clematis. Do you know the name of it?
    Mine has done well since I planted it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only Wilma and Louise attack him - the new ones don't bother him too much. Sometimes I let one of the new ones in with him. Sorry, I don't know the name of the blue clematis. We've had it for years and have moved it around at least 5 times. It's a hardy one!

      Delete